Рейтинг@Mail.ru
Перейти к содержанию

Уважаемые посетители! Если у вас возникают проблемы с входом, регистрацией или сменой пароля, обращайтесь в эту тему (там можно писать без регистрации) с указанием где возникла проблема - на сайте или форуме.

Авторизация  
trionghost

Интересные статьи и слухи о PS3

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Блог немного обязывает к переводу и контролю того, что писать, так что я решил создать темку, в которой можно будет скидывать самые разнообразные статьи и слухи, не важно переведенные или нет...
Кое что из особо интересного можно будет переносить в блог.
(идея возникла потому, что иногда некогда писать перевод, а нашел нечто интересное, чем хочется поделиться с форумчанами ;) )

[b][size=150]Просьба не флудить и не флеймить, не писать тупых постов типа "а почему на русском форуме и не по русски" и т.д. [/size][/b]
[b]Топик не для всех, а только для тех, кому это интересно, остальные проходите мимо и не мешайте, пожалуйста. Возможно кое-что из этого топика вы сможете прочесть в новостном блоге/новостях.[/b]

Итак, начну с...

Интервью с интервью с Джулианом Эггбретом (Julian Eggebrecht) сооснователем компании Factor 5 (на данный момент делают Lair PS3)

[quote]5 has undergone quite a transformation. Once synonymous with Star Wars games and Nintendo consoles, the developer has moved onto original titles and a tight working relationship with Sony. We sat down with the company’s co-founder and president, Julian Eggebrecht, and discussed the Nintendo split, controllers and what goes into making the best possible dragon simulator.

Game Informer: Prior to Lair, Factor 5 worked very closely with Nintendo. Why did you decide to split apart, and was the split amicable?

Julian Eggebrecht: Yeah, the split was extremely amicable—you’ll see me drinking as much with the Nintendo people as with the Sony people (laughs). It’s a small industry, after all, so no bad feelings. It was at the point in time when we saw that we wanted to move on to next-gen. Quite frankly, Nintendo hadn’t made up their plans yet completely. For us, it was simply something where we already saw the initial direction of the Wii slightly, and at the time they hadn’t really completely figured out yet the extent of the motion control and the extent of how much they would be doing with the wand and everything. So it was more about, “We’re going to keep the specs for graphics and sound on the same level, and then we’re going to do something else which is cool.” Quite frankly, if you don’t have the complete stuff in front of you—which they didn’t at the time—that’s a scary proposition for a developer, who’s looking for, “Well, we should go high-definition and 7.1 audio and all of these things.” And so, in 2004, when all of that happened, it was just logical for us to move on there. And that’s how it happened with Nintendo, end of story. We talked to them openly back then, we talked to Sony—we also talked to Microsoft—and Sony really had the whole package. I was blown away, because initially, I was hoping for the motion control that would also be in the PS3. When we had our early talks with Sony, it was basically about our dream system. The dream system included high-definition graphics and definitely larger storage media, which at the time was Blu-ray—that was pretty clear—but also motion control. I was like, “Yeah, they’re probably not going to do anything with the motion control, but oh well. We’ll have to live with that.” That was kind of the final perfect dream come true when it finally happened with the PS3. But yeah, we’re still good friends with Nintendo.

GI: Some would say the GameCube was a failure. What do you think?

Eggebrecht: (Laughs) Was it a failure? You know what, those GameCube games that we did make a hell of a lot more sense when you put them into a Wii, just because they’re not in a GameCube, visually, and I think that says a lot about the system. I think in terms of the design, it certainly was a failure, because Nintendo wasn’t ready to step up to the plate of basically saying, “We’re going to embrace also more adult content”—and we’re not talking GTA necessarily here, but other things—just like a Star Wars Rogue Leader, that’s as adult as it went at the time, or Resident Evil. But they delivered a system that, in the end, was supposed to be like Apple had, but what it really was was just a weird mixture of design styles, which in the end were geared too young. (Laughs) Yeah, I love to play my games on the Wii, because it’s finally on a system that I was hoping would look like that than the GameCube.

GI: What are your thoughts on the Wii?

Eggebrecht: I love it, absolutely. I mean, I love it as much as the PS3. When I read all of those things about how you have to buy a 360 and a Wii, that’s not true. You have to buy a PS3 and a Wii—that’s the perfect combination.

GI: So why Sony and not Microsoft?

Eggebrecht: On the technology front, there is simply more vision at Sony. By now, there’s now more—if not more, at least equal—vision on the online front. I have to say that. When we talked to Sony and Microsoft at the time, Microsoft was very determined and they delivered very nicely on what they wanted to do with the 360. But even back then, there was the, “Well, 1080p? Well, we don’t know about that. Real high-definition? You know what? Let’s do 720p for the games, mostly.” And they’re doing catch up right now, and they’re doing it quite cleverly. But nevertheless, in the early days you had that as a vibe of the system. What was a killer for me was no HDMI. We had huge fights with Microsoft basically going back and forth about, “Please, please, please, please put an HDMI port in there, because only then can you really see the graphics,” and they said, “No, we’re designing the whole graphics chip around being analog.” And they’re retrofitting it now, trying to catch up with the PS3. But all of that vision was there, right from day one, with the PS3. That was very encouraging. Kutaragi-san, in that sense, is on the technology front, and I don’t think anyone would contest that it’s still the greatest visionary in the industry. So, it made it easy. Sony was the clear-cut, perfect match.

GI: At Factor 5, are you guys Sony second party, or are you free to do whatever you want?

Eggebrecht: We’re an independent, closely aligned with Sony developer. Let’s put it that way. We’re not owned. We’re completely independent. So, we’re like Insomniac, I guess, if you want to make a comparison.

GI: You announced your first game for GameCube when it was still the Dolphin named Thornado. Is that project completely dead, or is it something that you still have in mind?

Eggebrecht: I should stop the tease about that. That’s completely dead. What we are thinking about is basically with the PS3 is going back to our old Turrican games, and basically, finally doing something like that but in 3D. That’s finally going through.

GI: The old Commodore crowd is going to be so happy to hear about that—that’s awesome.

Eggebrecht: Yeah (laughs).

GI: Lair is your first title in a while that isn’t based in the Star Wars universe. Would you ever make another Star Wars shooter for next-gen?

Eggebrecht: It depends on the platform. I’d love to do one for the PS3—we have the wackiest thoughts about when people were saying, “Oh, it would lend itself to motion control and the Wii would lend itself so perfectly for doing a Star Wars.” You know what? We have been playing around with the motion control on the PS3 controller actually, and you wouldn’t believe what you would be able to do there. Having said that, though, last I remember, some guy named George Lucas owns the license, and unless he dumps it onto Sony because he’s so sick of it, I don’t think that’s going to happen.

GI: Was it refreshing to work with a fresh IP?

Eggebrecht: Yes. After Rebel Strike, I think it was a little of a “been there, done that” mentality. It’s really interesting at our place, because we are still right next to Skywalker Ranch—we basically still have all of our friends within the Lucas empire, of course, and we do get our new guys asking, “So we’re only working on new IP? Why aren’t we doing some Star Wars?” And all of the senior guys are basically saying, “Why would you want to work on Star Wars? Are you crazy?” (Laughs) It’s a strange thing—compare it to always having a childhood dream, and you have fulfilled it, and then you fulfill it twice. You then get stuck into something like, “Can I really put the passion in that I put into the early things?” After Rebel Strike, really the answer for me was, “It’s tough, no. I’ve done what I wanted to do in Star Wars,” and it applied to a lot of the other guys in the company, and that’s why we said no. Now we want to create our own things again. Childhood dream fulfilled, it was great, move on.

GI: One thing we don’t know much about with Lair is the story. Where did you guys come up with the concept and who created the story. Is there anything you can say about that?

Eggebrecht: The story almost developed at the same time as the basic concept, because when we pitched Lair to Sony, first of all it was about game mechanics. It was the, “Let’s take the strengths that we have, build on a couple of them and apply them to something that hasn’t been done before—which is a good dragon game.” As far as I know, there isn’t one out there in the 25 years of video games.

GI: Panzer Dragoon?

Eggebrecht: Yes, but, that was a straight linear shooter. By the same token, you could have said when we did Rogue Squadron—which was the first free-flight, mission based shooter—basically we said, “We need to take that genre to the next level,” because Nintendo at the same time was doing Starfox 64. It was a gorgeously done 3D shooter, but nevertheless it was the old way. With Rogue Squadron, we said we had to reinvent this genre the same way that Mario 64 was also inventing free-form. So, with Lair, we thought about—and Panzer Dragoon did come up—the only well-done dragon game ever was Panzer Dragoon, but it was linear, and it didn’t take into account a lot of things. Because a dragon is constantly flying there, it doesn’t land on the ground.

When you think about dragons, then for me the first thing that came to mind and it was one of the initial takes in the concept of how our dragons look was, “OK, let’s not go the mythical route, but let’s go dinosaurs. More Jurassic Park than Tolkien,” and that was the first take. I think when you look at our dragons, they’re very lizard-like and have all of these influences to make them look more realistic. But in gameplay terms, it’s like the most powerful horse or riding animal that you ever imagined. Let’s go through the list. And then you do checkmarks, and you quickly realize that no other game has ever realized even half of the potential of what’s just inherent in a dragon and you riding a dragon.

So that was the first part. The other thing was that we wanted to write a story that actually lived up to probably a little bit higher ground than most of the stories being told in video games. We knew it would be violent, but at the same time we didn’t want to deliver violence just for the sake of being violent. Early on, we said, “Why don’t we also try to be a little more clever about the story?” Where we twist and turn, where you think you’re one thing but then it turns into something else. And there are interesting twists and turns and complete turnarounds in the story that you’re not expecting. We’re starting as an almost—and maybe that’s just a snippet of the story I can talk about right now—the game really starts out in our world, the 9/11 moment of the world, where basically the enemy is coming in and is completely surprising society and you’re in the air force, you’re in the military, and you’re completely blown away by it. You don’t know why, and we were playing it relatively straight in the beginning, and you’re thinking, “These are the enemies, I need to take them down,” and then boom boom boom, what you would expect. But then very quickly throughout the game, it develops that it’s not really the case, and there are completely different motivations here working on it, and there’s quite a complicated character arc for your character. That was a huge motivator to the team. Over the last month, actually, when we were putting together the story and the game and really weaving it together, a lot of the guys who’d been working only on the game parts basically saw some of the story elements for the first time playing out and said, “Wow, this is actually much more clever than I expected.”

GI: At Tokyo Game Show, you said control of the dragons could be completely gesture based—you’re not going to use the analog sticks at all. Has that changed?

Eggebrecht: I did? So I guess this is my John Kerry flip-flopping moment (laughs). No. You are controlling the dragon with the Sixaxis. So, let’s probably preface it with we analyze every single game mode in the game for basically where does the Sixaxix motion-control part give us a better control and a more-refined control than an analog stick. Then we sat down and took a hard look at the thing and said, “Is this a gimmick? Does it make things worse than stick control, or does it enhance it?” In flight, the interesting thing—and I think it would also apply to racing games, though we haven’t tried that yet—the complete range of motion that you get with a controller gives you a significantly higher amount of control over your turn angle. If you remember, for example, in the Rogue Squadron games, you had the tight turn—you had the too-tight turns, oftentimes, which made people wiggle around, or when we tweaked it into the other round, which you never saw, but internally we had, oftentimes it felt too sluggish. And it was, because an analog stick for a flight game really doesn’t give you the range that you need, and arguably so for racing games it could help more with the whole wheel feeling. That’s actually why in air the Sixaxis controls way better. On the ground, that’s where I’m actually doing the flip-flopping.

At Tokyo Game Show, we had a very first implementation of the ground Sixaxis. We got a lot of flak for it—rightfully so—because it wasn’t as good as analog-stick control. We’ve been going back and forth, and in the end we might—but that’s a strong might—we might have the option to switch back and forth between the two, but if we in our last focus testing now find out that everyone just says, “Look, on the ground, the Sixaxis control is not the preferable way to play it,” then we’re going to go analog stick only there. Then there’s knight mode, which is analog stick and it always was, because you’re running around with a character and I don’t think that Sixaxis for moving around—the motion control—doesn’t make sense. Having said that, though, what you do have is a first-person look-around mode, where you basically go into the head of the character and look around, and that’s actually on the motion control. It feels, again, very natural, interestingly enough. When you run around with the guy, you can go into the look-around and you can very seamlessly use the Sixaxis there. So it’s all about doing it right, not gratuitous, gimmicky stuff.

GI: One of the things you were criticized most in your last Star Wars game for the GameCube was the on-foot elements. They seemed kind of forced, to a point, and obviously your expertise is in flight games. What did you learn from that game that you’re bringing over to Lair.

Eggebrecht: Lair doesn’t have a shooter weapon on the ground, so you’re not running around with a character who basically would have a gun running around and shooting like crazy. So first of all, I think that comparison directly doesn’t apply. When you’re the guy on the ground, it’s merely to get to the dragon. It’s more to give the feeling that you really are that person, because you try to flee. You are an air force pilot, right, controlling these dragons. Usually, these guys are not perfect Navy SEALS who can basically fight off a horde of people, either. So, in the end, you just need to get to your dragon. So that is traditional Ratchet and Clank control, which is basically just the way you guys wanted it—which, by the way, we had in Rebel Strike at one point, and yes we should have kept it that way. I think, just to finish on that note, Rebel Strike’s biggest problem for the character mode was actually the camera system, because the camera was predefined, and was the taste of the day, and it was a bad, bad decision to do that. No, the dragon actually on the ground is very much inspired by the fact that we had tank versions of it, which felt too much like a tank. It’s a large creature, so what you now get is a lot of weight of the creature still, but the cool thing about having a video game is we can over-emphasize reality a little bit. So when the dragon latches onto humans, basically, we zoom in with the camera to give you close ups, and we actually do time jumps, a little bit Matrix inspired, where basically you get to engage with your enemies a little faster. Outside of that, it’s traditional melee combat with the added incentive of eating people.

GI: How long is the game? How long do you think it’ll take the average gamer to get through it?

Eggebrecht: All of these percentage questions and length of gameplay… Let’s put it this way: If we really succeed in terms of tuning the difficulty curve right, and that’s what we’re doing right now, then even a newbie player should be able to play through to the end—but, we’ve taken a cue from our old games, so we have the medal system and all of that, so you’ll be at home with that. So replayability of the missions is important. Ideally, we want to tune it so someone can get through the game and the story in about 10-12 hours or something like that. Then there’s a whole lot of replay value. We have online leaderboards, supporting network platform fully there, we have chatboards inside the game, we have messaging inside the game, so all of that you can directly do within the game on the network platform. With the leaderboards, especially, I think our replay systems work quite well, because you can compare yourself and there are hidden things that you can unlock later. So your 10 hours is just your first playthrough.

GI: When you say hidden things, is the Buick coming back?

Eggebrecht: (Laughs) Oh boy, it’s good that you remind me of that one. Yeah, it could.

GI: It could?

Eggebrecht: It could. Maybe. (Laughs)

GI: Good. We want Rudy’s Buick in there. It’s like a staple.

Eggebrecht: Yeah, I know. There’s like a couple of staples in there, including our hilarious logo trailers.

GI: Cool! Downloadable content?

Eggebrecht: That’s something we’re thinking about. There is, of course—you always have to make a couple of sacrifices for shipping the thing. There’s a couple of points where we cut out parts of the story, and we kept it in place so we could re-insert subplots here and there into the whole thing, and I hope it’s going to happen.

GI: How far in development, and when can we see it? Spring is very vague.

Eggebrecht: Basically, by all definitions, pretty much everything is there. Now it’s optimization and really getting the difficulty curve right and really getting everything tweaked right. All of the systems are there. All of the unlocking—everything is there. Would I want to give it to you? No, because it needs to be tweaked right. It’s a 80-90%, but those last 10% are actually the hardest ones—because they’re going to make the game really perfect or not so.

GI: Are you still on target for spring?

Eggebrecht: Yeah. I know when we’re going to deliver, but Sony’s not going to ship it the next day. They need to determine what’s the perfect day for the platform.

GI: How have your overall experiences been with the hardware?

Eggebrecht: It’s an interesting ramp-up, interesting in terms of challenging—like I said before, less so than the PS2, but certainly moreso than, say, the GameCube, which was extremely easy. But that’s to be expected, because that’s where the power is. If it’s too easy, then as we’ve seen with the GameCube, there’s no headroom. We had a terrible time trying to squeeze more out of that system for Rebel Strike. On the PS3, the sky’s the limit. I’m happy that we got as much from it as we do right now, but we could go on for three years developing that engine and we know that the system will bear it. That’s the genius of Kutaragi’s designs—there’s so much headroom. And that makes the start up harder. But when you cross a certain threshold for the system and you know what to avoid and what to do right and how you write efficient code, how to basically have the Cell really talking in an optimized way with RSX, at that point it’s an exponential increase in productivity with what we’ve seen. At this point, it’s really going fantastically. It’s great hardware—it really is.

GI: With your N64 titles and your GameCube titles, you were at the mercy of Nintendo’s always unique and different controllers. For example, the digital click on the GameCube controller.

Eggebrecht: That was perfect, by the way, for Rogue Leader. For most other games, it didn’t work—it was as though they put that feature in for us. Thanks, Miyamoto-san.

GI: What was it like switching to the PS2 controller—it’s kind of the standard at this point?

Eggebrecht: When you say that the PS3 controller is the PS2 controller, I would disagree actually. There are subtle improvements, which I think were very important. The shape is not exactly the same, with slight differences.

GI: And the triggers.

Eggebrecht: And the triggers—a big, big thing for us. When there were discussions going around about the controllers, what I was pushing for most were the triggers, I remember, and that was kind of a no-brainer that they would put it in—the triggers and the motion control, obviously. Everything else is great. It’s the only controller that if you ask people from all over the world—including Asia—they say it feels fine for their hands. We saw back in the day with Nintendo, they had an early prototype for the GameCube controller, which had longer handles in a very funny way resembling the early prototype for the PS3—the Boomerang. The funny thing for those of us watching was Westerners loved that—it was fantastic, because we tend to have larger hands. But apparently, and that’s when they went with the stubby one for the final GameCube controller, it was a real problem for Asian people. So the PS2 controller, or that basic concept, is really the only controller that really works with everybody in a really nice way. And it’s got the symmetry. I do appreciate the fact that the two analog sticks are on the same level. If you look at the controller, it’s very symmetric, in terms of feeling, and that’s very Japanese. Sony of Japan feels strongly about it, and rightfully so—it’s important. I think it makes it easier to adapt to the controller than any out there.

GI: You mentioned in an interview that your next project will be a downloadable game on the PlayStation Network.

Eggebrecht: We’re talking about that, and yeah, we’re working on some stuff—on small projects. We’re also working on large stuff, of course, but the EDI platform… As you can imagine, after two-and-a-half-years, people are a little burned out, especially people who have burned the midnight oil for a long time, and the EDI stuff is just perfect to say, “All right, let’s do this wacky little idea. Let’s not spend a lot of money on it, let’s not take a risk and get it out there, and if people love it, it might be a mini franchise. Or it might fail, but at least it didn’t cost that much.”

GI: What about bringing some of your older titles over on that?

Eggebrecht: in the context of what I mentioned there, which was EDI titles specifically for the first-party initiative, I don’t think that the current thinking from Phil Harrison is that under the worldwide studios umbrella he wants to see too many straight ported older titles. Having said that though, you’ve seen Midway’s announcement. The network platform is open to everybody, so there are other routes of releasing that content on network platform, and I’m sure that it’s going to come. We have been in some talks about rereleasing some of our old Turrican titles for the platform, but nothing’s been finished yet. I’d love to do it.[/quote]

[color=green][size=75]Posted after 4 minutes 24 seconds:[/size][/color]

А вот немного нового от Фила Харрисона (Phil Harrison).
Фил поведал нам немного о будущем всеми нами обожаемой приставки ;)

[quote]"D.I.C.E. 07: Phil Harrison speaks President of Sony Worldwide Studios fields questions in Sin City; says European PS3s are already in transit; LocoRoco 2 and PS3 rubber-duck game revealed. By Jeff Gerstmann, GameSpot Posted Feb 8, 2007 10:42 am PT

LAS VEGAS--With the PlayStation 3 supply now steady in North America and Japan and the console's European launch around the corner, people are pondering Sony's next move. Many speculated the electronics giant might tip its hand at the D.I.C.E. summit in Las Vegas. The annual event takes place each February at the sprawling Green Valley Ranch complex, and it draws a select group of elite game-industry glitterati together for an extended weekend of schmoozing and boozing.
Today, Sony Worldwide Studios president Phil Harrison sat in front of this high-powered crowd for an "informal" question-and-answer session with Newsweek games correspondent N'Gai Croal. GameSpot is on the scene with live updates of what the affable executive has to say.

10:29: Phil Harrison and N'Gai Croal have taken to the stage, and Croal is making a statement that his questions have not been preapproved by Sony. Harrison's stating that there are two topics that he can't cover--anything related to Sony's stock price and Phil's personal life.

10:31: Harrison is comparing part of Sony's process as an A&R-style process when they choose to work with external developers. They're looking for something exciting, something that has that creative spark, but something that also has commercial potential.

10:32: The next question is about how this relates to developing downloadable games for the PlayStation 3. This is where Sony is seeing some interesting innovation and some interesting risks.

SingStar for the PS3 will include some impressive online features.

10:34: Phil brought a PlayStation 3 with him, and he's threatening to play MotorStorm if the questions get boring. He's currently showing SingStar for the PS3. It will be out later this spring. As previously announced, the game will work online with the SingStore, an online mode where you can navigate through different album covers, view music video previews, and purchase content for use in the karaoke game. Video downloads appear to be around 38MB. The game will download songs in the background, which gets a cheer from the crowd.

10:36: SingStar will also have downloadable wallpapers for its menu screens and USB camera support. You can save those videos and upload those performances online. Other users will be able to rank your uploaded performance.

10:38: The next question is about the game's user interface. The game will offer various community elements. You'll be able to find users that like the same music as you via the "my SingStar" menus, which is meant to offer MySpace-like social networking within the context of the game. The next question is about the popularity of MySpace and whether that sort of functionality should be integrated on a game level or across the entire system. Harrison claims that we'll start to see more, deeper community functions in the PS3 XMB in the coming weeks and months.

10:41: Now we're moving on to developer support, with the question boiling down to "how does Sony intend to improve its developer support," with the sidecar of "Microsoft's is better." He says that the rumor of most of Sony's developer support coming in the Japanese language only is merely a myth, and that since most of the parts of the PS3 were developed in English-speaking countries, the developer support is primarily in English. He says that Sony has taken a lot of strides to improve, but that there's always more to do. Croal is looking for a specific example, and Harrison points to the nearly 40 games that are available and says that they're adding people internally, as well.

10:43: Now we're moving on to the difficulty involved in developing for the PS3 compared to the relative ease of the Xbox 360. Harrison is talking about how the PlayStation 2 was very difficult to develop for--actually, his word was "voodoo." He says that developing for the Cell chip in the PS3 strikes a good balance between an abstract, tools-driven development experience and that deep, "coding to the metal" path. And that it's a very different process than developing for the competing platforms.

10:47: Moving on, we're now talking about development-kit distribution. The question claims that PS3 dev kits were primarily sent to Japanese developers. Harrison basically says "Nuh-uh!" And that's that. He turns to someone from EA in the crowd and asks him to verify. The man in the crowd says that EA got their kits at the same time, but that they could always use more.

10:52: The next question is about how the PS3 hasn't matched Xbox Live's feature set for its online support. Harrison starts talking about how the PlayStation 3 is continually updated over time and that how the system looks today might not be how the system looks tomorrow.
"The day you buy [a PS3] is the start of a long-term relationship with that console that is going to evolve over time," explained Harrison.
He says that there will be forthcoming announcements regarding the future of the PS3's online features.

10:53: He's now talking up MotorStorm's 12-player online gameplay. So that makes the "how many times will he mention MotorStorm" count up to two. If you're playing the MotorStorm drinking game, drink!

10:54: Sony will be adding deeper online functionality for the PSP later this year.

10:55: Croal is mentioning Gabe Newell's interview in Game Informer, where he basically trashed the PS3. As he reads on, the crowd starts to chuckle. The eventual question is "why wasn't the launch delayed to fix many of the PS3's supply and lineup issues?" Harrison is turning it around a bit, asking "by what measure wasn't the PS3 a success?" He's talking about the huge lines for the console back at launch, the supply of consoles into the retail channel, and so on. He says that the launch was better stocked than both the PlayStation and the PlayStation 2 launches. He doesn't seem to see a problem with the launch, though he does say that they could always have done better. Also, PS3s for the European release are currently on a boat headed for Europe.

10:58: Croal's next question: "Why do you think that there's so much skepticism out there, considering people said many of these same things about Sony's previous launches?" Harrison feels that the launch issues on the previous platforms were quickly overcome and that he feels the same will be the case for the PS3. He then says "MotorStorm" one more time, for good measure. That's three drinks.

11:00: Concept approval at Sony is moving over to a worldwide process from a region-specific one and it will be rolled out shortly.

Harrison's duck fetish has reached new heights.

11:02: Turning it over to the audience for questions, the first is "What's Phil playing that isn't on a Sony platform?" He says he plays things for competitive analysis, but that the PS3 has enough for him. He mentions that he's been playing the next LocoRoco game, then he turns to a new PlayStation 3 downloadable game called Super Rub-O-Dub. It's the duck demo from E3 turned into an entire game. You play with the Sixaxis and tilt a pool of water to make a big duck move around, picking up little ducks and moving them to an exit. It will be out in the next few weeks.
PS3 Duck Demo

This PlayStation 3 tech demo is apparently now a game.
Watch | Download

11:05: The next question talks about XNA (without directly mentioning it) and how it puts some of the power of making games into the hands of average users. Is Sony considering a response? Phil says that Sony started that with the Net Yaroze on the PS, continued it with Linux on the PS2, and is now continuing it with Linux on the PS3. Sony will continue to support that kind of homebrew and organized development initiatives.
The follow-up asks the obvious question about the PSP's place in all this. Phil claims that the PSP isn't well suited for homebrew. Croal name drops Dark_Alex, the hacker that's been busting open the PSP's firmware lately and opening it up for homebrew. Harrison has a sort of cryptic response about future announcements.

Quack, quack, quack.

11:08: They're looking for more questions from the crowd and not finding a ton, so it looks like this will wrap up soon. The next question continues down the path of user-driven development, about Sony's willingness to provide development kits to dedicated independent developers. Harrison starts talking about Sony's support of various educational institutions and says that one of the graduates of these programs now works on Gran Turismo.

11:11: The next audience member says that Unreal Engine 3 is shooter oriented and nearly starts a brawl. Well, maybe not quite a brawl, but his question is more about Sony's tools and available middleware. Phil begins talking about Havok physics and how it helps development. Did you know that MotorStorm uses Havok? There's your fourth mention--DRINK!

11:13: That's the end, the duo shakes hands and makes their way off the stage, but not before getting Super Rub-O-Dub running again."[/quote]

Поделиться сообщением

Добавлю некоторые интересные моменты по поводу речи Фила:
Он сказал, что UE3 (анрыльный двиган) не использует все SPE. Типа эпикам влом было точить двигло под ps3. Хотя, как заметили западные журналюги, это не в минус косоли от sony, а скорее в плюс, т.к. игра выглядит даже лучше, чем версия для xBox360, при том, что юзает не все ядра.

Поделиться сообщением

тема полезная(особенно для модемщиков), но делайте выжимку из материала на русском языке, буквально пару предложений.

Поделиться сообщением

[quote name="trionghost"]Добавлю некоторые интересные моменты по поводу речи Фила:
Он сказал, что UE3 (анрыльный двиган) не использует все SPE. Типа эпикам влом было точить двигло под ps3. Хотя, как заметили западные журналюги, это не в минус косоли от sony, а скорее в плюс, т.к. игра выглядит даже лучше, чем версия для xBox360, при том, что юзает не все ядра.[/quote]
Ссылка есть на это в оригинале?

Поделиться сообщением

[b]realalbedo[/b], это было не интервью а конференция... Видел кучу разных пересказов того, что там было, только вот прямой текст ни кто не удосужился опубликовать... Наверное видяхи должны где-нить лежать.

Поделиться сообщением

[b]trionghost[/b], а если коротко, чтоб всё это не читать, важные мысли подчеркнул бы? :mrgreen:

Поделиться сообщением

[b]CrazzyMan[/b], Коротко: Джулиан Эггбрет рассказывает, что они решили делать Lair, т.к. на их взгляд ни одной вменяемой игры про драконов нет. Панзер дрэгон на их взгляд не давал той свободы, которую хочется - типа побегать пешком нельзя, приземлиться на драконе на землю тоже, игра из этапов, не чувствуется единства мира. В общем решили они сделать такую игру. в котрую им самим было бы интересно играть. Встал вопрос о пристаке, они почесали репу и спросили у каждого из представителей, что они могут предложить. Мелкомягкие промычали че-то невнятное, а Sony заинтересовалась и предложила свое покравительстно по пректу, таким образом, как выразился Эггберт, они стали студией сродни Insomniac - и не собственностью Sony и при этом тесно сотрудничающие с ними.
На вопрос про новые StarWars, они ответили, что 1) это была детская мечта сделать [b]хорошую[/b] игру по SW, они ее сделали для GC и им этого хватило и 2) Есть мужик по имени Джорж Лукас, который владеет лицензией на SW и не любит Sony, так что игру онли фо ps3 по вселенной SW он делать не разрешит.
Ну и еще подробности о Lair типа что в воздухе рулим драконом с помощью наклонов геймпада, на земле - с помощью стиков и по ходу человечком в воздухе на драконе тоже стиками управляем. Вот в общем основные мысли. Мож чего пропустил, т.к. писал по памяти.

Второе, это речь кренделя по имени Фил Харрисон, который сулит нам офигительные нововведения в будущем на PS3.
Что СингСтар будет связываться с СингСтор (типа онлайн магазин аля iTunes) и там можно будет обзавестись песенками из огромной библятеки. И так же будет сервис аля youtube на который можно будет заливать всякое г.. ой... всякие ролики, в том числе и то, как вы вопите в микрофон в сингстар. Вообще он говорит, что мол в PSN будет развиваться много всяких интересных сервисов, сродни тому же MySpace, чтобы организовать хорошее комьюнити. Со всеми плюшками которые могут понадобиться - типа фанклубов отдельных игр и т.д. В общем шоб вы врубили PSN и чувствовали себя как дома :)
Еще ему тыкали мол, что под PS3 слонее разрабатывать, а он сказал, что они искали компромис между возможностями глубокого программирования с офигенным эффектом (которое прийдет познее) и программированием для ламеров типа EA, шоб они могли клоны своих гам с ящика перетаскивать за месяц.
Еще типа спросили несколько личных вопросов, играет ли он в игры и во что, он сказал, шо играет на PS3 и PSP во всякие моторштормы и локороки. Плюс он представил игрушку, на базе той техдемки про уточек - там будет что-то типа марблс, типа наклоняем контроллер - наклоняется площадка, на которой вод и плавает уточка, типа ведем от точки а в точку б... Этот "хит" появится вскоре в PSN store
И спросили ессесно про то, почему там выпендрепываются эпики, шо мол движок тормозит на PS3, он сказал, шо они падлы ленятся затачивать нормально двиган под PS3 и в итоге он не юзает все SPE, а вся работа в основном на плечах RSX.
. Ну в общем больше особо интересного ни чего не было.

Поделиться сообщением

[quote]т.к. игра выглядит даже лучше, чем версия для xBox360, при том, что юзает не все ядра.[/quote]
Какая игра? :-D

Поделиться сообщением

нормальной темы для обсуждения Ninja Gaiden Sigma нет, поэтому скину сюда. :)

[url=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=157778]http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ar ... ?id=157778[/url]

[quote][i]How is Ninja Gaiden Sigma coming along? Are you finding it easy to get to grips with the PS3?[/i]

Yosuke Hayashi: [b]I would say that the current completion level of development is 50 percent.[/b] The mountain-top we're aiming to reach is now within sight, and I'm pretty confident that [b]Ninja Gaiden Sigma will be the number one action game.[/b]

Our development team is no longer a stranger to the PS3 platform. [b]They are now familiar with its characteristics and can handle it much better than before. Things are going pretty well here.[/b]

[i]Where will Sigma differ most from the original Ninja Gaiden on Xbox?[/i]

Hayashi: All the materials are created from scratch in Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and we have further refined the action engine because that is vital to the overall gameplay. [b]So, the feel you'll get when you play Sigma will be a totally new and improved experience.[/b]

What we did with Sigma is quite similar to adopting a totally new design and specification for a car -- it's going to be endless if I start counting the differences from the original. It's not that we simply added something to it but more like we have improved the car's engine.

[i]Does Sigma make any use of PSN or the PS3's hard disk?[/i]

Hayashi: We'll use the hard disk in order to ensure stress-free gameplay for players. [b]You won't be bothered with 'Now Loading' messages while playing Ninja Gaiden Sigma. [/b]

Sigma is also compatible with PlayStation Network. Worldwide scores and rankings will become available and detailed information on each player can be referred to via PSN.

[i]How do you think the PS3 as a format will fare? Why do you think it's suffered from a relatively slow start in Japan?[/i]

Hayashi: I am not an analyst. I'm just a game developer. My mission is to provide the best action game for PS3 users. That's all that matters to me, and I promise that [b]you'll experience something really fantastic with Sigma.[/b]

[i]What have you found to be the main differences between developing for the Xbox 360 and PS3?[/i]

Hayashi: Sorry, but I can't answer that question. I haven't developed for Xbox 360. [b]My last project, Ninja Gaiden Black, was for the original Xbox.[/b]

[i]We heard a rumour a while ago of an Xbox 360 version of Sigma. Is there any truth in that?[/i]

Hayashi: I would take that rumour as proof that people's expectations for Sigma must be very high. But it is just a rumour.[/quote]

Поделиться сообщением

Пополнение в PS Store:
- R-Type Delta (Irem)
- Yaku: Yuujou Dangi (Idea Factor)
- Shanghai Dynasty (Success)
- Ore no Shikabane o Koete Yuke (Sony)
- Ganbare Morikawa-kun 2nd Pet in TV (Sony)
- The Drugstore (Hamster)
- Puzzle Mania (Hamster)

Анонсирована новая игра Harker, повествующая о кренделе по имени Джон Харкер, который собирается отомстить графу Дракуле за свою потерянную любовь Мину (Mina) (которую повидимому разМинировал граф ;) ). Игра по видимому будет битемапом, но по утверждению разрабов, не аля Кастыльваня где бои одной кнопкой проводятся, а скорее как Мортал Комбат с кучей затейливых комбинаций. Прибывьте первоклассную графу и получите многообещающий проект ;) Делает все это безобразие "Коллектив" (The Collective) :mrgreen:

Ну и на последок, почитайте на досуге вот это интервью:
[quote]PSU interview with CEO of TN Games
Added on 24/02/2007.

Hidden from nerd radar comes a new technology dubbed the ForceWear Vest. Developed by Dr. Mark Ombrellaro and TNGames, the ForceWear Vest will be the next step in rumble gaming where the player will wear a full upper body vest equipped with 8 pressure areas. Basically, imagine playing Killzone 2 where you will not only feel rumble but the cuff of every bullet entering your CGI body, or playing Burnout 5 and feeling the kick and thrash of your collisions.

PSU contacted Mark Ombrellaro, CEO of TNGames and obtained some new information on the ForceWear Vest. Here is the interview:

PSU: How long has TNgames been working on ForceWear?

Mark Ombrellaro: At TN Games we have been working on ForceWear Vest for the past six years.

PSU: How does the ForceWear Vest actually work? Do you feel pressure in certain areas, is it inch-by-inch accuracy, etc.?

Mark: The ForceWear Vest is a wearable force generation system developed by TNGames for videogames. The system consists of 2 major parts: wearable force generating vest and the controlling software library. The controlling code is available to game developers to integrate into their videogames and control the functionality of the Forcewear vest.

Currently, the video game industry uses vibration as a rough proxy for tactile events within the video game environment. With Forcewear, tactile events and impact within the game are actually imparted to the user. The vest contains 8 points of contact (4 in front and 4 in back) and can generate up to 10 lbs of force at each contact point. With Forcewear, various impacts such as single gunshot wounds, multiple gunshot wounds (machine gun and shot gun), through and through missile injuries, blasts, kicks, and punches can be directed to the player. ForceWear is also directional so that action-taking place outside the player

Поделиться сообщением

[quote name="trionghost"]
Basically, imagine playing Killzone 2 where you will not only feel rumble but the cuff of every bullet entering your CGI body, or playing Burnout 5 and feeling the kick and thrash of your collisions.

[/quote]

Вот это будет круто.

Поделиться сообщением

ага, и после каждого взрыва гранаты будет включаться вибромассажер. "пройди Киллзон 2, похудей на 5 килограмм" :-D

Поделиться сообщением

Для публикации сообщений создайте учётную запись или авторизуйтесь

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать учетную запись

Зарегистрируйте новую учётную запись в нашем сообществе. Это очень просто!

Регистрация нового пользователя

Войти

Уже есть аккаунт? Войти в систему.

Войти
Авторизация  

• Последние посетители   0 пользователей онлайн

Ни одного зарегистрированного пользователя не просматривает данную страницу