Рейтинг@Mail.ru
Перейти к содержанию

Уважаемые посетители! Если у вас возникают проблемы с входом, регистрацией или сменой пароля, обращайтесь в эту тему (там можно писать без регистрации) с указанием где возникла проблема - на сайте или форуме.

SoulGrabber

Wii U

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Появились слухи, что после E3, EA воспылала любовью к Wii U

Хуже платформе не будет. 

Что, ребята? Раньше ждали анонса Watch Dogs для Wii U, а теперь Division?  :icon_lol:

Tearaway wasn’t the only game Shigeru Miyamoto checked out at this year’s E3. He also got a look at Titanfall, the next-gen Madden, and The Division.

:icon_cool:

Изменено пользователем PacBoy

Поделиться сообщением

Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS to have single player campaign, character movies, plus talk about speed/design choices

Information comes from a Polygon interview with Masahiro Sakurai.

"To paint in broad strokes, Melee is for the maniac, the veteran player, while Brawl is for a newer, more casual gamer, as far as the speed goes. Melee, of course, is super fast, and the people who are used to that game love that gameplay. But it may be a barrier for folks who found it a little imposing. Brawl was designed to be more approachable and accessible by folks who might [used to be playing] Wii Fit or Wii Play. Now, with the new Smash Bros., we're thinking the positioning will be really right in the middle.

The idea with Smash Bros., you have four players come together, and it's a fair playing field. The idea of having one person with this special controller and special features that are only available to the gamepad player flies in the face of that. Right now, we're not adding any additional [GamePad] functionality at all. With Smash Bros. being a four-player game we want people to be on equal footing. That's our main philosophy when it comes to control features.

There will be a single player [campaign], but it won't be like the [Subspace Emissary] mode in Brawl. One thing we can do with the Smash Bros. series that's unique to us — because we have all these different disparate characters brought together — is we can create that sort of fan-movie experience as a special gift. But now those things are posted on the internet, it doesn't really become a gift for people who played the game.

What we decided this time around, we're just going to have [those movies unlocked] from the beginning. We're going to have a movie for Wii Fit Trainer, The Villager and Mega Man and they'll be viewable right at the beginning, you can watch those right away.

At this point we have no plans for downloadable conten. Our goal is to have a Smash Bros. that has enough content, in terms of characters and stages, and that's where all our energies are focused. There's no fundamental opposition to downloadable content if it's something that felt like it worked. We haven't really decided whether we're going to do it or not. We're not opposed to it, we just need to work on completing the full package."

Link

SEGA once again says Sonic X-Treme had no influence on Sonic Lost World

Coming from a Siliconera interview with Takashi Iizuka.

“The viewpoint is based upon the idea of expanding the forward view, because the sight lines have sometimes been limited, resulting in hindered gameplay. With the change, the new routes are possible, which expands gameplay. So that’s the point of the game itself. Actually, no one in the team, except myself, are even aware of Sonic X-treme’s existence. So it’s just a coincidence.”

So far, SEGA has denied a connection twice and confirmed one once. Make of that what you will!

Link

nU7kO2R.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1gmVg07VZo

SVswT.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD5aFGxps-s

Nintendo on E3, franchise crowding, the Nintendo standard, boosting Wii U, devs making decisions, not going 3rd party/smartphone

The following info comes from a Gamasutra interview with Charlie Scibetta, Nintendo of America's senior director of corporate communications.

"Our focus coming in was really to concentrate on games because we didn't have the hardware news that the other console makers had. For this year, it was the right move for us. We didn't have hardware news. We decided to focus on our strength, which is gameplay."

On Nintendo franchises cannibalizing each other's sales between platforms

"We think there's plenty of rooms for all of our franchises and games that we're bringing to market. If they're compelling experiences, consumers will find time to play them."

On not shipping software until it's ready, jumpstarting Wii U

"We won't shift a software title until we can really feel that it's up to the Nintendo standard. We would sacrifice short term profits every time, for long term protection of the brand, and that's what we did in 2013. We would have liked to have more titles come out in the first half of 2013. We feel good about how our games have shown this year at E3. ...we think we have the games between now and the holiday that can really jumpstart the momentum with the Wii U. Software sells hardware. We're optimistic and confident that the hardware sales will follow."

On not going third party, smartphone or tablet

"Our software best comes to life when it's used on our own hardware. When Mr. Miyamoto designs software, he thinks not only about the software, but what are the control schemes that can bring this software to life best. Mario would not run and jump and feel the same way that he does on a smartphone or a tablet. You really need those Nintendo controls... The way the timing is perfect only comes from years of experience and focus on detail that only Nintendo is known for."

On leaning too much on established brands

"When you have all the dynamics of new features that we're putting in these games... New dynamics and new features with beloved IP, that's the best of both worlds. Nintendo always feels pressure to make sure that we're giving consumers a great gameplay experience. That doesn't change from one platform to the next, and one game to the next. That quality bar is always there. That's our North Star: doing right by these games, and characters, and consumers that have helped build those franchises in the first place."

On decisions made by devs...

"I would agree that our decisions are made by developers. Mr. Iwata and Mr. Miyamoto, being developers, approach this question first and foremost whenever they make a decision: 'Is it fun?' Most executives don't ask that question first, in terms of all the considerations they have. If a game is going to be shipped by Nintendo, it has to be fun. We think that bringing innovation and new gameplay mechanics to the experience is the way to go."

Link

Поделиться сообщением

как я понял в марио 3д ворлд не будет онлайн кооперативаjakie.png они там совсем рехнулись?

кстати что по поводу ССБ пишут? сетевому коду должное внимание уделили?

Поделиться сообщением

Aonuma would consider giving Zelda her own game, coy on Majora's Mask remake, Zelda Wii U graphics not ultra-realistic, modern-day Zelda

NL: The Zelda series tells the story of a male hero rescuing a female princess. Would you ever consider giving Zelda her own game?

Aonuma: This is the second time I've received this question during this E3! I guess if people have strong feelings about it then it's something to consider. I'll keep that in mind! [laughs]

NL: Fans have often said that they'd like to see a 3D remake of Majora's Mask, just as there was one of Ocarina of Time. There were rumours that it was a possibility - is that still the case, or are you focusing on new games from now on?

Aonuma: You've heard rumours? [laughs] Hmm, I wonder! [laughs again]

NL: I would be very excited myself, it's one of my favourites of the series.

Aonuma: Majora's Mask is a very special game - it's the real hardcore who like that one. If we were to make a remake of that one then we wouldn't want to let them down. We'd have to put our heart and soul into it. So, you say you’ve heard rumours, but I have to say it would be quite a commitment to do that.

NL: The Zelda series has mostly maintained cartoon-like visuals, and even slightly more realistic games still have a fantastical look. Will the next Wii U Zelda game maintain this, or go for a more realistic look?

Aonuma: The thing about Zelda is we want everything to be unique, whether it’s the graphical presentation or the gameplay. It has to be something you can't see anywhere else. We wouldn't want it to be ultra-realistic because you can see that elsewhere. But I can't say that it's going to be cartoony-realistic like you mentioned, the fantastic presentation that we've already done in the past. It will be something new.

NL: Have you ever considered a sharply different theme for a Zelda world, such as setting it in a completely different era?

Aonuma: I don't know if we are joking when we do this or not, but there are times when I'll discuss with Mr. Miyamoto about putting Link and Zelda in the modern day world. What types of gameplay would there be? What changes would there be in the presentation of the story? But I honestly can't imagine them there.

It's not that we place them in any specific time period or in any specific culture. If you look at what happens in Zelda games there’s a mix of Japanese and what might be considered Western things. It also allows us a lot of flexibility if you don't define a specific time period or location for the story to take place in. I don't see us making any drastic changes, unless it really suits the story.

Full interview here

Retro, Nintendo talk Donkey Kong being Miyamoto's baby, how much control he has over DKCR/DKC:TF

The following comes from a USGamer interview with Nintendo's Kensuke Tanabe and Risa Tabata and Retro's Michael Kelbaugh.

"The Super Mario 3D World team is the team that made Jungle Beat. At that point, they all thought the motion, especially for things in Donkey Kong like the ground-pounding, was great. I remember Mr. Miyamoto saying, 'Hey, this really works well with Donkey Kong.'" - Tanabe

"When we were looking into the ground pound, I won't say we 'mimicked,' but we looked at the whole Jungle Beat setup one for one. We worked that in just as a prototype and we showed it to Miyamoto. [Kong] was going boom-boom-boom, and then boom-boom-boom. [Miyamoto] said, 'No, I don't want boom-boom, boom. I want ba-BOOM ba-BOOM ba-BOOM!' It wasn't literal, right? It wasn't one motion translating to one motion. It was one motion leading to that ba-BOOM ba-BOOM ba-BOOM. So we said, 'Sure, we can do that.' It worked out much better. It was much more fluid, more ape-like almost. It was more fun." - Kelbaugh

So it seems like Miyamoto has once again earned the rep for being quite tough to work with and please. How much is he ruling with that iron fist for Tropical Freeze?

"Well, not so much this time aroun. That story was from the making of Donkey Kong Country Returns on the Wii. I wonder if you remember, from that game, where Donkey Kong takes a deep breath and blows? That's Mr. Miyamoto. That came from him." - Tabata

"When we first started, he didn't just give it to us. We had to earn it, right? We had to put together demos. We had to prove ourselves worthy of the Donkey Kong franchise. I remember him saying, 'This is my baby. You'd better get it right.' This was before we started the demo. He was exceptionally passionate about Donkey Kong. Along the way, he'd give us tips and a little bit of advice. It was all about being able to prove whether or not Retro could handle continuing his vision." - Kelbaugh

Link

Aonuma talks about Wind Waker HD tweaks, no new dungeons and Miiverse mischief

The following info comes from a Kotaku interview with Eiji Aonuma.

"My main goal in making Wind Waker HD was to stay true to the original and really balance the gam. When we released the GameCube version we weren’t able to fully do that and make the adjustments I felt were necessary to optimize the experience. So there will be no new content, but overall gameplay should be improved.

I think when the GameCube version of Wind Waker was released I might have said that I cut some dungeons, but what I was actually meaning to say was that there was a lot of frustration on my part, because there was a lot of content that I couldn’t include that I wanted to.

As for the overall balance of the game, in terms of number of dungeons and amount of content, I think it’s just right. But the one thing that I am trying to improve in Wind Waker HD is some of the process of getting to [some] places took too long. You would travel for a long time, and the payoff would not be there.

As for the Triforce quest, it was basically a process of finding maps and then following that map to another location, but I think what some people didn’t like is that sometimes you would find a map and it would take you to another map. It was a series of steps you had to take in order to get to the Triforce. Maybe people felt like they were getting the runaround a little bit. I thought that whole process of adventuring was kind of fun, but it also did take a while to get to some of the maps.

We’re planning on streamlining that a little bit. Maybe you’ll get a map, and it’ll lead you to the Triforce and then you’ll get it and move on to the next one. The longer it took to get to your destination, the more disconnected, I think, the players felt. It’s not that we’re cutting out all of those steps, but we will streamline them."

Aonuma also addressed the potential issue of fake clues when utilizing the message in a bottle Miiverse feature.

"We’re going to make it possible to maybe only get bottles from people who are close to you, but certainly there will be people who leave less helpful information. That too is part of the experience of interacting with others. My hope is just that lots of people leave bottles."

Link

Reggie says Nintendo's traditional E3 approach isn't dead, Nintendo Direct outreach and third parties

The following comes from a Polygon interview with Reggie Fils-Aime.

"Next year and what we do at E3 next year is going to be an ongoing conversation, based on what the right thing to do is for the content we have. What we are not saying as a result of this year is that the Nintendo press conference is dead.

This year, we have a parade of content that once you get your hands on it, you say to yourself I gotta get this game and I mean think about it. We have all of these playable games on our floor and most of them are coming out this holiday season, three are coming in 2014."

Reggie also addressed the idea of Nintendo Direct events being pointless, as they only reach out to the already converted.

"Nintendo Direct is very powerful for us and we are going to continue to utilize Nintendo Direct to drive engagement with our user. I would say that certainly the first viewership is by our fans, by people who know the brand and know the products, there is tremendous secondary viewership that happens and this is something that is a bit different from lets say Japan, in our market the viewership builds over time, literally after three weeks or four weeks after a Nintendo direct the viewership is still climbing steadily. So that pass around viewership, I do think, is new consumers and consumers who don't necessarily have the platform."

Finally, Reggie had a bit more to say on the EA situation and 3rd parties in general.

"We talk to EA all the time, we talk to all of our publishing partners all the time. In the end this is a simple business. First party needs to drive a large diverse install base for publisher to create content to take advantage of that install base. That is what we are looking to do, you know for any publisher what they want to say to themselves is that we have game X and we are confident that we can sell game X not only to pay off the investment but to make a profit on that game."

Link

Aonuma on new Nintendo franchises, desire to work on something new, learning from Twilight Princess

A portion of a Eurogamer interview with Eiji Aonuma.

EG: Zelda and Mario are synonymous with Nintendo, but we haven't seen an all-new series for a while. Do you think that's a healthy thing for the company?

Aonuma: I've been asked about new franchises and I think it'd be great if we could find another one. I think it's necessary for us to create new experiences and characters for fans to latch on to. But we've also got these great existing series that fans ask for new games for. So we've got to maintain these existing franchises while at the same time finding and creating these new IPs. That's a lot of work, it is very challenging.

I am part of the old guard at Nintendo, and I feel like it's also my responsibility to raise the new employees and really hone their skills to find that new IP for us. It's certainly something we're always trying to do - to empower the next generation to engage their minds and come up with that new special thing for Nintendo. But a lot of it is luck, a lot of it is chance. If you know of anyone, please give me a call!

EG: My next question was going to be: would you like to work on something brand new yourself? But are you saying you'd rather find new talent to create new games?

Aonuma: We have newer, younger directors that we're bringing into the trenches that are replacing some of us old guard, some of whom are moving into different roles. But we've got to maintain our existing franchises and make sure they're doing well, while having a team of people looking for and exploring new opportunities.

We need to really figure out how to strike that balance and resources are always limited everywhere. It's just striking that balance between committing a group of people to search for new things while maintaining existing franchises.

That's not to put the responsibility entirely on them. It's also my responsibility to try and find answers for these new directors - new projects for them to work on that will give birth to the new awesome IP we've all been waiting for.

But timing is tricky. I've got Zelda to take care of, and I've also got to do this, too. Timing is going to be key on when I can pull myself off Zelda to do this.

EG: You won't remember this, but we've met before. I visited Nintendo in Kyoto to see Twilight Princess, when it was still a GameCube game with no title. What have you learned about making games since that time?

Aonuma: Ah! [He seems genuinely surprised by this, and laughs. Then he pauses, visibly thinking back to that time.] Twilight Princess was an interesting time for me. I started off as producer but had to move to director - the reason for that was I didn't really know what a producer did. I didn't really know what was expected of me. But through my projects since I've learned what is expected of me. Between then and now I've learned that a producer is to say, "This is what I want, this is what the vision is." And, once the team moves on that, to course-correct if they start straying and, if they're on the right track, to reinforce that.

Link

Aonuma on Wind Waker graphics, ALttP direct sequel, series flexibility, multiplayer, Skyrim inspiration

A portion of a Eurogamer interview with Eiji Aonuma.

EG: Do you think people's feelings about the GameCube version changed over time? Do you think people feel differently toward it now, compared to when it was released?

Aonuma: It was certainly a new graphical presentation - the Zelda world with its toon-shading, and also the younger, smaller Link. We heard the opinions of those Zelda fans that were somewhat critical at that time. They were saying that they didn't want it, quite frankly.

But now with the HD power, the shading, we're hoping to really bring a new graphical presentation to this product that, yes, when it was released some were negative about. We hope to bring those people back.

EG: Moving on to A Link Between Worlds - there haven't been very many direct sequels in the Zelda series. What made you want to revisit A Link to the Past?

Aonuma: The thought was that we wanted to make a top-view Zelda with the concept that every once in a while Link would enter the wall, and only at that time would it become a 3D experience.

We figured that if we used this Link to the Past world, this architecture and structure in place, we could create it even more quickly. There's also a lot more to explore in that environment, so we felt that world would be a great starting point. So if we say it's a sequel to A Link to the Past, it's easier for players to understand where we're coming from and our starting point for this story. It also felt like that story was really well suited for a sequel.

EG: Zelda is a series with very strong traditions. You'll find many elements that are familiar from one game to the next. Do you ever wish the series had more flexibility?

Aonuma: That's exactly what I was talking about in the Nintendo Direct shown earlier this year, about visiting the Zelda tradition and remoulding the formula. We're looking at ways to do that and we hope people look forward to experiencing those.

EG: During that Nintendo Direct you hinted that we may no longer play Zelda alone on Wii U. Do you think local or online multiplayer would be better for the series?

Aonuma: In saying it's not a single-player or lone experience, I didn't necessarily mean multiplayer. There has actually been multiplayer in Zelda games, in Four Swords for example. But for example in Wind Waker, with the Tingle Bottle - it's not a traditional multiplayer experience but you certainly have the feeling that other people are exploring the same world and sharing information.

So that's one way that I meant that it's not a single-player experience. We'll continue to explore different ways of opening up this world beyond a single-player experience, but that's not necessarily to say that there will be typical multiplayer.

EG: As part of opening up Zelda games for a new generation, are you looking at any other games for inspiration? Dark Souls, perhaps, or Skyrim?

Aonuma: Skyrim! [For some reason mention of Bethesda's fantasy epic tickles him, and he laughs.] Obviously I play other games, and I'm curious what Zelda fans like about the Skyrim experience. Maybe there are some Zelda fans who are looking for something similar out of a Zelda game.

But I don't look at the technology that made these games possible. I don't look at what's happening in the game, but how it made me feel, what in the game moved me, and how I can bring out those same emotions in players who play my games. My intent isn't to copy them, but those are the things that stay with you as a player.

It's not what you see but how the game makes you feel that makes you feel closer to the experience. It's more about the feeling and expression of emotions in the game, and I do take that into consideration when working on my own projects.

It's like the difference between someone who takes a picture and looks at that picture when drawing a painting, and someone who sees something, keeps it in their head and then tries to recreate that.

Full interview here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlsEk08YlUI

New Super Luigi U's courses are shorter, but tougher

The following comes from a Polygon interview with Takashi Tezuka.

- all 82 courses remodeled
- made shorter but more difficult
- team wanted to do something different and change what people think of DLC

"Most people think of downloadable content as just an add-on to a game — in Japanese you say 'add-on content', but New Super Luigi U is such a large-scale thing — it's like a completely different game. It was our idea to change what DLC is."

Link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9RHgfQxkFY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK4AYWDiu4A http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5sg0V33x-g

Поделиться сообщением

Офигеть как круто! Только сейчас заметил, что в Super Mario 3D World управляешь углом обзора камеры с помощью перемещения  Wii U GamePad-а в пространстве  :up:

так же как и в Wii U Panorama  :up:

panorama-view-01.png

Поделиться сообщением

В следующей Zelda для Wii U будут использован уникальный совершенно новый и ни кем ранее не виданный графический стиль. 

Eiji-Aonuma.jpg

“The thing about Zelda is we want everything to be unique, whether it’s the graphical presentation or the gameplay.”

“It has to be something you can’t see anywhere else. We wouldn’t want it to be ultra-realistic because you can see that elsewhere. But I can’t say that it’s going to be cartoony-realistic like you mentioned, the fantastic presentation that we’ve already done in the past. It will be something new.”

Zelda producer Eiji Anouma

Поделиться сообщением

[quote name='008' timestamp='1371317527' post='3380846'] В следующей Zelda для Wii U будут использован уникальный совершенно новый и ни кем ранее не виданный графический стиль.  [/quote]

Ну вот, и грех не поверить :(

Поделиться сообщением

Eiji Anouma планирует сделать приключения в новой Zelda Wii U во истину на непомерно огромных, открытых пространствах. 

eiji-aonuma-640x360-cc60e53bb33f43e9.jpg

Zelda Skyrim Wii U ?

2588-1-1323001493.jpg

Поделиться сообщением

[quote name='Johann Gambolputty' timestamp='1371319440' post='3380896'] Xenohyrule [/quote]   :icon_lol:  

Поделиться сообщением

[quote name='008' timestamp='1371317527' post='3380846'] it’s going to be cartoony-realistic [/quote]

Да, пожалуйста. Не слишком цветасто как скайвор сворд и не слишком реалистично как в большинстве игр.

Поделиться сообщением

[quote name='MasterSword' timestamp='1371320033' post='3380919'] Да, пожалуйста. Не слишком цветасто как скайвор сворд и не слишком реалистично как в большинстве игр. [/quote]

Как-то так ?  :icon_smile:

c9c3c72cd345b586bd29462548028385.jpg 

Поделиться сообщением

[member='008'],  да отлично. Прям как на артах  :up: 

Link_Artwork_1_(Twilight_Princess).png

Сегодня сел перепроходить Тень колоссов на пс2, глаза вытекли от серости.

А тут все шикарно  :up: 

Поделиться сообщением

В общем графический стиль пускай оставляют таким же, что уже видели 

tumblr_ly5riaQ79B1r7rkvjo1_1280.jpg

А вот box  игры хочу непременно вот такой :icon_smile: 

603878_613340115360928_707964192_n.jpg

Поделиться сообщением

Чем черт не шутит. Может в следующем году и выйдет, если они уже в этом хотели ее показать.  :icon_rolleyes:

Поделиться сообщением

Чем черт не шутит. Может в следующем году и выйдет, если они уже в этом хотели ее показать.  :icon_rolleyes:

Может все-таки приоткроют занавес на следующем Direct-e ?

Изменено пользователем 008

Поделиться сообщением

Рубята, как добавить второго игрока в injustice? написано что поддерживаются вии моуты, но нажимаю "+" (просят нажать) и ничего не происходит. :icon_eek:

Поделиться сообщением

Eiji Anouma планирует сделать приключения в новой Zelda Wii U во истину на непомерно огромных, открытых пространствах.
Огромный мир - не всегда значит хорошо. Имхо, лучше меньше мир, но сделать его живым и интересным. А не copy/paste, как в скайриме (хотя, это далеко не худший пример).

Поделиться сообщением

[quote name='BSoD' timestamp='1371323909' post='3381064'] А не copy/paste, как в скайриме [/quote]

По этому поводу Eiji Aonuma красиво сказал..... My intent isn’t to copy them, but those are the things that stay with you as a player. It’s not what you see but how the game makes you feel that makes you feel closer to the experience. It’s more about the feeling and expression of emotions in the game, and I do take that into consideration when working on my own projects. It’s like the difference between someone who takes a picture and looks at that picture when drawing a painting, and someone who sees something, keeps it in their head and then tries to recreate that.”

Поделиться сообщением

осом

2013-06-14-495-ComicReviewE32013.jpg

Nintendo on Wii U price, don't worry about Wii U's future

The following comes from a TIME interview with Nintendo V.P. of Corporate Affairs, Cindy Gordon.

T: The Wii defied early critical dismissal by crossing over to a nontraditional gaming demographic, but that demographic was able to enter at the $250 price point. Don’t you think you’d drive more sales if you eliminated the Basic model and dropped the Deluxe’s price to $300?

CG: There’s a strong value proposition in Wii U. It’s a versatile system with unique social and entertainment features and a growing and fun library of exclusive titles. Consider this: Five of the top 10 best-selling franchises in home console history – Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros., Mario Kart and Wii Fit – are all on the way soon for Wii U, and either playable or viewable here at the show. At the end of the day, people buy a video game console to play great games. By this measure, the Wii U can compete with anyone. Nintendo has everyone covered with a broad array of amazing new games on the way. We aren’t talking price at the show. We are here to showcase games.

T: What would you say to gamers who, rightly or wrongly, hear that Wii U sales are well below expectations, and worry — especially in a market this turbulent and with unprecedented competition from nontraditional game platforms — about the console’s future?

CG: There are more and more gamers enjoying a growing industry, and Nintendo is leading the charge in many ways. Our strong software lineup playable here at E3, on store shelves and what we have coming in the future means that there are a multitude of experiences you can only have on Nintendo systems, delivered by Nintendo developers. Because Nintendo develops its own hardware and software, we’re uniquely positioned to deliver experiences in games optimized for Nintendo systems. That means games that are fun, challenging and inspired. As long as we keep delivering this type of innovation we will have a strong advantage.

Full interview here

Nintendo on lack of online in Super Mario 3D World, cat suit introduction, Peach as main character

A portion of a TIME interview with Nintendo's dev team.

T: Why the choice not to support online multiplayer in Super Mario 3D World?

Mr. Hayashida: I think that we’ve always wanted to focus on being able to see the other players around you. I always thought that was fun.

Mr. Koizumi: The first Super Mario Bros. on the Nintendo Entertainment System had two controllers, so you could play multiplayer with someone right next to you. I think that we wanted to accomplish the same kind of feeling in a 3D Mario game for the first time.

Mr. Hayashida: I’ve always really enjoyed playing games with my children. In Super Mario Galaxy, we had the “assist play mode” that was available, but this is the first time that we’ve implemented a real multiplayer where the second player is moving a character around on screen in a 3D Mario game. And so I’m really happily looking forward to the experience of playing that with my kids.

Mr. Koizumi: And now that Peach has been included, I’m also hoping that people will be able to play the game with their girlfriends. Perhaps some of their girlfriends will find Peach as a more appealing character to play – or your wife, of course.

T: Which came first during the design process: the idea that you wanted to include a cat suit, or the gameplay mechanics of climbing walls, scratching and pouncing on enemies?

Mr. Hayashida: Well I think the first thing we thought of was: What kind of new experiences can we create? What’s really important to that is the feeling of the control when you’re playing through a new game-play mechanic. So we always spend a lot of time testing out new ideas. I think the first test that came in this particular design was Mario running on all fours like an animal. Once we started testing that out, we realized it felt really good. The next thing we did was trying out his ability to stick to a wall: What if Mario could jump and then just attach himself like that? And that test went well also. It was only after that that we then added climbing walls and started to put all of those different pieces together. Then we began to think about how best to express this as a new power-up. And that’s when we hit upon the idea that a cat would be best.

T: Will we ever see a primary Super Mario Bros. installment where Peach is more than just a playable character? Where she’s the heroine instead of one of the abductees in need of rescue?

Mr. Hayashida: Well I definitely should point out that there was a game called Super Princess Peach where you could play as Peach, so that’s definitely an option. It’s not something we have ruled out. In fact, we have made a game of that sort.

Mr. Koizumi: I always think of the Super Mario games as taking place in a really cute world that appeals to everyone. We certainly looked into who finds different sorts of things appealing in these games among boys and girls. I personally feel that Peach is very appealing to girls who play our games. But I sometimes wonder: If we made a lot of games starring Peach as the main character, is that something that boys would be as interested in? I don’t know.

Full interview here

Поделиться сообщением

[member='Shaitan'], ты-то что в этой теме забыл?

На личности переходим?

Изменено пользователем Shaitan

Поделиться сообщением

[b][member='Shaitan'][/b], проблемс с английским? Я с удовольствием читаю данные статьи, ты тут не один

Поделиться сообщением

Для публикации сообщений создайте учётную запись или авторизуйтесь

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать учетную запись

Зарегистрируйте новую учётную запись в нашем сообществе. Это очень просто!

Регистрация нового пользователя

Войти

Уже есть аккаунт? Войти в систему.

Войти

• Последние посетители   0 пользователей онлайн

Ни одного зарегистрированного пользователя не просматривает данную страницу