Рейтинг@Mail.ru
Перейти к содержанию

Уважаемые посетители! Если у вас возникают проблемы с входом, регистрацией или сменой пароля, обращайтесь в эту тему (там можно писать без регистрации) с указанием где возникла проблема - на сайте или форуме.

MWorld II

Pillars of Eternity

Рекомендуемые сообщения

как только будет успех - новая инфа об игре
[quote][color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif]Stretch goals and an update coming soon! Stay tuned.[/font][/color][/quote]

Поделиться сообщением

Скорее всего новой целью будет локализация на другие языки, что, учитывая объем текста, который они заготовили, весьма не дешево.

Поделиться сообщением

[b][member=Man Thinking][/b], да не думаю, что это так затратно, я думаю делают на основных языках (англ, русский, немецкий)

Поделиться сообщением

[quote name='MWorld II' timestamp='1347728925' post='2863232']
[b][member=Man Thinking][/b], да не думаю, что это так затратно, я думаю делают на основных языках (англ, русский, немецкий)
[/quote]

Примерно 10000$ за один язык без озвучки.

Поделиться сообщением

[b][member=Man Thinking][/b], даже в масштабах бюджета этернити - не так затратно, мне кажется

Поделиться сообщением

[b][member=MWorld II][/b], причем тут эксклюзивность? Популярность определяет жанр и узнаваемость.

[color=#339933][size=2]Добавлено спустя 1 минут 28 секунд:[/size][/color]
[b][member=MWorld II][/b], я предполагаю, что если они еще лям сверху соберут, то игра выйдет на всех 6 языках с полной озвучкой.

Поделиться сообщением

[quote][color=#282828]причем тут эксклюзивность? Популярность определяет жанр и узнаваемость.[/color][/quote]
ну при том, что Россия и Германия - главный РС рынок в мире. Игра РС экз - отсюда и такие выводы. Не даром в России первый ассассина на РС продался почти миллионным тиражем

Поделиться сообщением

[b][member=MWorld II][/b], это понятно, поэтому ру и добавят вместе с польским, если наберут бабла, однако эксклюзивность не играет никакой роли, это информационный шум и ненужная переменная, определяющий фактор жанр crpg и платформа steam. Изменено пользователем Man Thinking

Поделиться сообщением

[b][member=Man Thinking][/b], в стим, опять-таки, около 30-40% - русскоговорящие, второй язык после английского. :icon_cool:

Поделиться сообщением

[quote name='MWorld II' timestamp='1347736218' post='2863541']
[b][member=Man Thinking][/b], в стим, опять-таки, около 30-40% - русскоговорящие, второй язык после английского. :icon_cool:
[/quote]

Это кстати тоже нихрена не так очевидно, фанаты CRPG насколько хардкорды, что и на английском играть будут, локализация такой рпг поднимет продажи не так сильно, как Вам мечтается.

Плюс вот еще:

[quote][b]3. Hardcore gamers speak English at native level[/b][color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=3]
Real hardcore gamers will tell you they don't need stupid translations. You will be surprised at the number of people on Dutch forums claiming they can speak, write, hear, sing, rhyme, hum and dream English at native level. You'd actually believe this, were it not that after careful reading, you will find out that almost [i]all[/i] hardcore gamers apparently have this special and innate gift. Maybe not so special after all?[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=3]
The English of these people is apparently so perfect, that even I, a full-time translator with more than 17 years of translation experience, start feeling absolutely dwarved while reading about their divine abilities.[/size][/font][/color]
Fortunately, in this everlasting contest of deciding whose English is best, eventually someone will show up whose English is not near-native... he or she actually [i]is[/i] a native speaker of English. And to prove this, he or she will give a demonstration. And then, all pieces of the puzzle suddenly fit together:[/size][/font][/color]
[i]"U hear it from the best and feel the game in ENGLISH...the best language. I can imagin french but neffe Dutch or how u say it : Nederlands. I think i'm on of the best english speaking person on these forums, since i AM english. though, i'm quite sure, i am not the only one here."[/i][/size][/font][/color]
These gamers clearly have an inflated opinion of their language abilities. The above text contains only 4 sentences and almost 20 mistakes. Which explains the next urban myth...[/size][/font][/color]
[b]4. Hardcore gamers play games in English because they want to learn the language[/b]
And the only way to learn that language is by reading the Dutch translation of what is being said in English. Even the most talented hardcore gamers were not born with the innate ability to understand English as it was spoken. They learned what was being said by reading the Dutch subtitles. It's a bit strange to say you don't need Dutch subtitles while it was these very subtitles that taught you English in the first place. Maybe you don't need them [i]anymore[/i]. But even in that case, you'll have to agree that the next gamer generation needs to learn English too right? [i]Right![/i][/size][/font][/color]
[b]5. Hardcore gamers want to stay as close to the original language as possible[/b]
Which explains why most hardcore gamers wanted to play the [i]English[/i] version of Anno 1701, which was actually a translation from [i]German[/i]. Strangely enough, no one wanted to play the original version. Apparently, German was not cool enough for gamespeak.[/size][/font][/color]
So what's [i]really[/i] bothering hardcore gamers? Would it be the next point?[/size][/font][/color]
[b]6. Hardcore gamers just don't like translations because the translations are bad[/b]
Sometimes this is true, but definitely not always. No matter how good, how fantastic, how hilarious and how brilliant your translation is, real hardcore gamers will hate it with a passion. Just because, it seems.[/size][/font][/color]
Is the translation not hilarious because the word jokes have not been translated? They will hate it, because the translation is too literal. Is the translation hilarious after all because all word jokes [i]have[/i] been translated? They will still hate it, because the translation is too free. Indeed, you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't.[/size][/font][/color]
As always, people come up with many reasons to hide their real motivations. And the real motivation behind this knee-jerk response of hardcore gamers is simply the fact that they feel threatened by the rising influence of casual gamers on the industry. Just like anyone else, they want to stay king of their own turf (just like long-time fans of The Lord of the Rings became very critical when a certain director decided to turn the book into a movie, introducing it to the masses).[/size][/font][/color]
So to distinguish themselves from the masses, hardcore gamers use their own in-crowd language, which historically happens to be English. "Look at us being cool and stuff, we can speak a language only hardcore gamers can speak." (That must make me the coolest gamer ever then, as my whole website is in English!)[/size][/font][/color]
But don't people have the right to make their own choices? If gamers want English games, whether their reasons are justified or not, then that's what you should give them right?[/size][/font][/color]
Exactly. But don't forget casual gamers (your uncle and aunt), don't forget all kids that would love to know what the Pokémon are actually saying, and don't forget all people that do not belong to the vocal minority on game forums. It is these people that form the majority of your market. It is these people that will actually pay your bills. They don't have a historical language, most of them don't even speak English, they don't feel the need to distinguish themselves and they just want to relax after a day of hard work. And for them, relaxing does not include using dictionaries to look up exotic words in game instructions and dialogues. Nintendo understood that and launched the Wii. You know the rest of the story.
[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=3]So make the Dutch translation optional. That way, people can choose between English and Dutch themselves. And don't tell your audience that the game will become more expensive or will be delayed because of localization issues. First, because it simply is not true (see point 1 and 2 above). Second, because it will only give these hardcore gamers more ammunition (and as you know, these people are [/size][/font][/color][i]very[/i][color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=3] vocal).[/size][/font][/color][/quote][/size][/font][/color]

Поделиться сообщением

[quote]Это кстати тоже нихрена не так очевидно, фанаты CRPG насколько хардкорды, что и на английском играть будут, локализация такой рпг поднимет продажи не так сильно, как Вам мечтается.[/quote]
я и не говорил про буст продаж, говорил про аудиторию русскую. Плюс, не вижу смысла играть чисто на английском, если второй вариант - сабы и оригинальная озвучка, сдвиг на оригинальной версии был только когда такого выбора не было Изменено пользователем MWorld II

Поделиться сообщением

[b][member=СергейЛифенко][/b]
ну я спал ночью а потом по делам уходил на весь день
:ayfkm:

Поделиться сообщением

[b][member=Vadimeys][/b], ну так я тоже, но это не мешало моему ноуту быть включенным :pfmen:

Поделиться сообщением

[b][member=Zend][/b], Planescape Tourment + Baldurs + Neverwinter + Icewind + Fallout 1,2

Поделиться сообщением

[quote name='СергейЛифенко' timestamp='1347744874' post='2863966'][b][member=Zend][/b], Planescape Tourment + Baldurs + Neverwinter + Icewind + Fallout 1,2[/quote]
:motherofgod:

Поделиться сообщением

[b][member=СергейЛифенко][/b]
фаллаут убери-это не пошаговая игра будет

Поделиться сообщением

Для публикации сообщений создайте учётную запись или авторизуйтесь

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать учетную запись

Зарегистрируйте новую учётную запись в нашем сообществе. Это очень просто!

Регистрация нового пользователя

Войти

Уже есть аккаунт? Войти в систему.

Войти

• Последние посетители   0 пользователей онлайн

Ни одного зарегистрированного пользователя не просматривает данную страницу